Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Carolina Girls

Friday I drove up to Carolina Beach to photograph my cousins wedding. She is not technically my cousin, but she might as well be. It reminds me of Jack Leigh, (photographer extraodinaire who passed in May of 04.) he would call so many people uncle and cousin and I could never figure out the relationship, now I see it does not matter dna, but the special relationship you have with them. My Uncle Jim is one, (the brides father) who met my dad when they were 20 or so in the Navy. I have seen them every summer since I can remember, and my Aunt Carols mom was the first to babysit me at three months. Growing up you never really think about how hard it is for your dad to take off work and travel up to where ever. I was actually kind of grumpy alot of the time, now looking back I treasure those memories. Which is why finally I am getting to the point I would have never missed this wedding for the world, and how special this family is for me.







2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Such great photos Chrissy! It was great meeting you and your family at Elizabeth's wedding.

Phyllis said...

Boy, did you ever capture the emotions of my big brother (father of the bride)that day. The pictures seem to come to life. The colors are so vibrant. I just wished that you lived in North Carolina...then you could be a Carolina Girl.

And the pic of the little baby is precious....of course I'm partial.