Monday, November 26, 2007

Appreciate Life

It was a cold day and I wanted to just curl up in bed and stay there, I headed out to Fort Pulaski to meet a new family and it was such a treat. Her immediate smile put me at ease and calmed me down from the front fort lady telling me I should clean my purse, I tried to explain to her that I have a two year old that likes to go through it, anyhow, I knew that this was going to be a great shoot. August (mom) explained to me she just finished with treating breast cancer, she found a lump last year when her sweet little girl was four months old, and she was only 32. She realized she never had a family portrait and was excited for these photos. She really made me sit and think about appreciating life, and family, and even when life is crazy or the lady at the front makes an obvious observation. Thank you August for sharing your story with me.






No comments: