Monday, August 11, 2008

Katherine Sandoz (artist friend #2)

I probably have said this before on my blog. I remember the first time I saw a Katherine Sandoz painting, I was 20 and it was at the Gallery Espresso on Liberty Street. I wanted one so bad but at the time she was asking $75.00 and that might has well been $5000 dollars to me. I wish now I would have gathered them all up because she is a woman in demand. I now have two Katherine Sandoz and I love them. Her blog also seems to be right on the same line as things that pass through my head but I am not a strong writer like her. Check her website out first before her blog at katherinesandoz.com Here is a snippet from her blog and one of her paintings




your day job

Filed in paint hen , the henhouse , corrections
Just when you think you should give it up, someone (or something) makes you think maybe you’ll do it for one or two more days. (exhibition review here)

Of course, how ridiculous is that? The very day I started thinking to quit painting, I also spend two hundred dollars on art supplies.

No comments: