Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Being Thankful

Tonight I am feeling a little sappy and I often like to read zenhabits and he has a recent post about being thankful. I like his blog because it makes lists, it is straight and to the point and talks about all these ideas about living more simple. Anyhow back to my original reason for this post.

I am thankful for Scott and my daughter Alexa, Scott for his thoughtfulness his laugh and him making me feel beautiful everyday. For Alexa for making me slow down a little and reminding me what is really important, success is great, but without the two of them it would be nothing.

I am thankful for Ruby (Scotts grandma) who on our last visit told me how little material things really mean and it is really the memories that matter. Not that I needed much reminding but you know I will go to Atlanta and see something that I must have, and what I saw in Ruby is it really does not matter, these things. , I looked around and there are things in her house that have not moved since my husband was a baby. There are photos with stuff in the same place thirty something years ago, like time froze.

I am thankful for my parents and my brother and my husbands family

I am thankful for being able to do a job I love and remind myself when I get tired or grouchy that I am very lucky.

I am thankful to all of my clients for letting me into their lives and making me feel like a part of their family and I am thankful for all of my employees that believe in my business and smile everyday, ok almost everyday!

This time of year is my busiest, I am always a roller coaster of emotions. I love this time of year because I can set out to be a better person next year, in business and personally. Well I could write alot more but Alexa wants to play

No comments: